94 Lexus crank but won't turn over problem solved. Replaced valve cover gasket no leaks. Replace spark plugs. Most likely firing order wasnt right after tune up because new spark plugs were black but cleaned them with carb cleaner came out new again .New pcv valve. New fuel pump. And replace coil pack for the hell of it. Runs good. Next is manifold gaskets and exhaust flange rings I may be saying it wrong.

Asked by Mar 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM about the 1994 Lexus GS 300

Thanks a lot for all the help in advance.

Didn't even ask a question. Runs good now. You did all the right things, and didn't say it wrong, I got it just fine. Or was there something you forgot to ask Mike? Why do you want to replace manifold gaskets? Especially if you mean intake, that is a lot of work....exhaust not so much but still a job.

To answer your question Dave I want to replace them because the previous owner probably never did and it quiets the engine down more...as far as the exhaust pipe I'm moreso talking about the donut gaskets to quiet the engine.

Right on. Makes sense.

You're welcome Mike. Glad to hear that the Lexus is running well.

Q: My 94 gs 300 turns over but does'nt start. I took off the 4 spark plugs i could reach and found cylinders full of gas.so i crank to empty out the chambers problem is i cant reach the last 2 plugs under the intake manifold . How do i remove the carburator Intake manifold ? From the part that just has the carburator which has 5 screws ?or from the EXsUAUST manifold that starts to curve that one has 6 screws

Wait. Whether you have the 3.0 L 2JZ-GE I6 or the 4.0 L 1UZ-FE V8 it is fuel injected and does not have a carburetor. First what engine do you have and let's go from there.. OK?

Actually you need to post this as a new question, far more people will see it. That would be to your benefit Rich

was removing the spark plugs a pain ,? i mean you had to remove That Alcatraz of aluminum carburator right? How did you do it ?

ok ill go to Questions thanks .and i have a 3.0L David

OK Rich. like I say there will be lots more people see it, I have never done the spark plugs on a Lexus.

Going to Purge Fuel Systen with SEA foam a industrial Fuel system proven to work Be back in a day or 2 with results now to teporaarily disconnect the Fuel Pump Hmmmm??

1993lexusgs 300 it's crank but won't start I do change spark plugs and wire still won't start what can should do