Car wont stay running after I crank it up two or three seconds later it cuts off...

60

Asked by Jul 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM about the 1995 Lexus LS 400

Engine light came on a couple months after I bought it wheni went to pick up my title he said that two of the o2 sensors were out and thats why the engine light came on.. And before this current problem sometime i would shift to drive and i wouls have to keep pressing the gas for it to take off.. A few days ago I was driving back home and it just cut off on me in the middle of the road.. crank itup a few seconds later it cutts off.

60

please can i get some feedback on this... this is my only form of transportation.. Im a single mom of three and i just dnt have the money to be hustled by anyone.....so if anyone have a positive idea about ehat these problems could be i would appreciate the answer...

246,725

So the CEL is still on? It's usually not a good idea to drive months with the lights on, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. OK, so it could be just about anything. While the other owner said it was the O2 sensors, it might not be in this case. If you don't want to be hustled, go to any local auto parts store and ask them to scan the car for the fault codes. 4 Digit codes, and post them back here and we can better be able to tell you what the issue is. It also sounds like you need to find a mechanic you can trust. Ask family and friends on who they take their vehicles to and have them diagnose the issue why your Lexus is giving you trouble. Also if you can't find a garage like that, then I always suggest going to 2-3 places for an estimate before you decide on what to fix and how much to pay. Good Luck!

10

Don't know