I had a pulley and serpentine belt replaced on my 96 lexus now the car makes noise and louder when I use air conditioner what's wrong now?

Asked by Sep 10, 2013 at 05:39 PM about the 1996 Lexus LS 400

If it is belt noise then it usually means that something is out of line with the belt track. I'd take it back and have them recheck the work.

I don't like his work he says it needs another pulley the first one makes the other one loose the car didn't have this noise to begin with he should have fixed while in there now want to charge again

That is correct, you should replace all the idlers at the same time. If one goes bad the others aren't far behind. If you tell him about your distrust in his work he might do something to help with the cost of replacing the others. When I had my shop and one of my techs messed up like in your case I would offer to eat the labor if they would pay for the parts and most customers would agree to do it that way, they got the job done correctly that time and were pleased and I kept a customer.

If they over-torqued the Serpentine Belt-t may have caused the bearing in the "Fan Bracket" to go bad" The bracket looks like a water pump, but is not!! I just had the same problem with my 1991 Lexus, LS 400. The "Fan Bracket" is where the "Fan" only mount to an is run by the Serpentine Belt. When the Air Compressor comes on, more stress is transferred to that bracket!! And--it sounds like something is coming apart inside the engine!! Makes a Hell-of-a -Racket!