dome light

30

Asked by Nov 12, 2010 at 08:34 PM about the 1994 Ford Explorer

i have a 1994 ford explorer and was wondering why all of a sudden my dome light came on when it was parked and all ofthe doors are shut and the switch is turned off, i cant get it to shut off without pulling the fuse? also when i try to start it all i hear is a fast clicking, i don't know if it the battery or the starter? any ideas?

sounds like the battery,as for the dome light their is a switch on it,see if it is turned on.

30

checked the switch and it is off but the dome light still won't go off. any ideas?

switch could be bad,are all doors closed tight ,also rear hatch switch could be bad.

155

Make sure the dimmer (headlight switch) is not turned all the way to the left this will cause the interior lights to come on when it is parked or while driving.

85

I would look at all the switches and see if one is stuck open and if the sound is coming from the door it may be the actuator for the door looks

It sounds like you have a internal door switch going bad. It starts out with the dome light, then an occasional door open chime but never a door ajar light. Usually it is the driver door. On the later models it is located in the door. Part cost about $80 bucks. The passenger switch is much cheaper.