Difficulty starting my 97 ES 300

Asked by Apr 01, 2013 at 06:24 PM about the 1997 Lexus ES 300

I recently had the head gaskets replaced on my lexus- now emissions codes are popping up?  Is this related?  Also
since I got the car back when I try to start it, the engine turns over but the car won't start.  I have to try it 3 or 4 times
before it starts- then it idles strange for a few seconds ( almost like it wants to die but doesn't) then it runs fine when
I start driving??  What could be the problem?

I would take it back to where you had the head gaskets put on. If its something they did hopefully they will be honest and fix it. A number of things can happen when you do a big repair like that. could even be something simple.

Thanks- they are very nice.... It has been one thing after another- engine light is on w code p0441 EVAP system- they have replaced all the evap lines and ar going to replace a canister valve to see if that works- however the starting prob is still an issue- aking it back tomorrow but they seem confused as to why it is having a hard time starting- thanks for taking he time to read and reply!!