Noise when A/C is on inside the cabin, louder when engine is reved

Asked by May 13, 2015 at 05:56 PM about the 1998 Lexus SC 400

The vehicle has less than 90K miles.  The A/C when turned on growls, you can't hear the noise outside, I thought it could be the compressor, I was told no.  Is there a fan inside the dash that could be going out?  The car has been well taken care of and garaged.

7,465

Sounds like a blower motor issue, fan is possibly rubbing on the housing or the motor is going bad, either way replace it

Best Answer