1998 Lexus GS400 - won't start

Asked by Apr 07, 2015 at 03:03 AM about the 1998 Lexus GS 400

Car was running fine - parked overnight then when I turn key on there is nothing - jump from another vehicle  car starts to start immediately then sputters & dies. won't keep running. Fuel pump? Fuel filter? Fuse? how do I diagnose and if necessary how do I change filter and/or fuel pump?

655

Your battery is drained. jumping it gives you a temporary supply of power. There is NO connection to this and your fuel delivery other than not enough power. Fix the battery issue first. Charge it over night with a charger. If that don't work change the battery. If the battery dies WHILE you drive, change the alternator.