Ran threw a medium sized puddle amd not too long after the check engine loght came on

95

Asked by Apr 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM about the 1998 Lexus GS 400

On my way home It was pouring rain and I ran through a medium sized puddle of water.
Shortly after the check engine light came on. Not sure why? I looked it up and most
people claim to have engine problems right after but the car drove perfectly fine just the
check engine light was on. Maybe a sensor got wet. So is this a real cause for concern or
should I let the car sit and dry for a day or 2. I really don't have the cash to get any
repairs done especially since Lexus parts cost a arm and a leg.

263,725

Dry it out like you said first. If it is still one, go to your local auto parts store and get the car scanned for the code or codes and post them back here.