where can I have a navigation system install and and how much ?

Asked by Jan 29, 2007 at 11:12 PM about the 2001 Lexus GS 430

can I have a navigation system install in my car and about how much will it cost ?

32,105

Hey Rock, There's a ton of options to have navigation in your car. You could go with the removable nav system, like Garmin and Magellin, or you the systems that are built into your dash where the radio currently is. The problem with the latter is that you will have to find a system that fits the dash of your car. A great place to get Nav systems installed is Tweeter. They are located in several states across the country. You can go to Tweeter.com to see what options they have. Good luck.

22,850

Hi Rock ... If you are talking about the Lexus Navigation System being installed after the fact, I assume yes it can be done although availability of the system that fits that model year may be iffy. The retail cost of the option this year is $1,850 and I would guess that retroactively installing one would be significantly more expensive than that, but you should ask at your local dealer for specifics. Or ... head to your local Compusa and grab a dash mount unit (sorry, ouch, I know ...) for less than $500. Or switch to Verizon wireless and use their phone-based navigation system for not much more than that for two or three years including the new phone. Good luck!