Just purchased a 2006 S60 two days ago with 120,000k, now the engine systems service light is on.? What does it mean?

Asked by Jul 09, 2015 at 08:29 PM about the 2016 Volvo S60

Kelly Mayo

first...where did you buy it ?

Best Answer
Kelly Mayo

not trying to be funny here but it means there is something wrong with it.

(Lol). Thank you

I bought it from a private owner, third time owner with 112,000k..

Kelly Mayo

First,take it somewhere for a free code check.It just might a bad gas cap... A code can be cleared and return.. Ask the owner.I would recommend trying to rescind the contract with the seller by returning the vehicle and asking for your money back. You can sure try but it won't be easy. In a private person sale, the law is very different from a car dealer sale. In a sale between two individuals, neither of whom is a car dealer, in most states the only obligation on the seller is to answer the buyer’s questions honestly and not hide anything that the seller realizes the buyer would want to know about. If there was any kind of written sales contract, look at that to see if anything was written down about promises or guarantees or representations. Regardless of that though, the seller has to tell the truth about the mileage on the car too by filling out correctly and honestly an odometer statement (often printed on the back side of the original vehicle title) for the buyer. And in those states that require mandatory emissions tests in order to get a vehicle licensed, many of those states say that if the emission/pollution equipment was disabled or removed then the buyer may have the right to cancel the sale. If the seller lies to the buyer or hides something from the buyer, then that can be fraud in most states. If none of that applies to the deal, then the buyer may have no recourse after the sale for anything that goes wrong with the vehicle. To learn more about what fraud legally means, check out this Avvo Guide, “What is Fraud?”: http://tinyurl.com/8nvrgp7. But the law can be a little different in each state so to find out what all this means in your situation, you need to talk to a local Consumer Law attorney near you. You can go to this web site page for a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers (www.USLemonLawyers.com) and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, NACA.net). You can also look for one here on Avvo under the Find a Lawyer tab. Or you can call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Consumer Law attorney near you. But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to a Consumer Law attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please give a “Vote UP” review below. And be sure to indicate the best answer to your question so we can all be sure we are being helpful. Thanks for asking and Good Luck.

I appreciate all the time that you took helping us and all your advice!! Thank you, thank you so much. very, very helpful. Appreciate your timeYOU ARE AWSOME!