where is the odometer (mileage reading) on the 2016 jeep cherokee.

Asked by Mar 14, 2016 at 06:42 AM about the 2016 Jeep Cherokee

246,305

open the owners manual yet? Dealer go through a proper walkthrough before delivery?

450

I've looked up this question on this site twice and all I find are these arrogant answers by people who obviously don't have the 2016 owners manual. I do. This question is being asked because there are no entries in the first 50 pages, nor the next 25 pages that answer it. There are also no entries in the index under Odometer, Trip Odomter, or vehicle mileage. In short, people are not stupid nor lazy and deserve a real answer not a put down by someone who doesn't have his facts straight. I will figure this out and post the answer. Standby by.

450

Okay. On the left hand side of your steering wheel there are 4 arrows surrounding OK. With the ignition showing ACC (you don't have to run the engine), scroll until you see "press ok to enter screen setup". Then press OK. That puts you in screen set up. Scroll to Favorite Menus then hit the right arrow. You will see "Trip Info" and "Fuel Economy". Check both. Press OK. Note that if they already are checked and you hit okay you will uncheck them and favorites will update. I don't think you want to do that so check them if they aren't and hit OK. If they are already checked hit the right arrow and get out of screen setup as well as favorites. When you see 3 little orange balls to the left of your main screen you'll see a message telling you to press OK for screen setup. Press the up arrow instead. It tells you about your messages. Go up again. You get audio info. Go up again. You get stop/start info. Go up again. You have Trip info. Press OK and it gives you data for trip a. If you hold ok it resets miles and fuel economy. Press the right arrow and you get trip B. Same info and if you hold OK you reset all. If you go back to the main selection and hit the up arrow you get fuel economy. Select that. Again it has 2 data fields that appear to correspond to trip A andB data. As best I can tell, the mileage that shows in the center of the driver's screen (with no tenths) is the car mileage or odometer display. If I find out otherwise I will post again.

60

I just picked up a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude and had the same question. Could not find the odometer on the display anywhere. I looked in the owner's manual and no mention of odometer. I finally found the odometer display on the bottom of the Speedometer page (1) (and maybe all pages). I think the reason I could not find it before is because the cruise control graphics displaces the odometer whenever the cruise control switch is turned on (not even activated). So once you turn on cruise control, you are not likely to see the odometer for the rest of that power cycle.

2016 Patriot, I pressed 'step' on the steering wheel multiple times (engine running and in park) and was presented with the odometer reading. It is possible that these readings were already setup for me at the factory or the dealer. You can also press 'step' to get outdoor temp and other readings.

I've found the odometer on the Trip info, however I have a 2017 so not sure if anything changed.

10

Take the key out and open the door, it will automatically show on the screen.

When trying to plug in an address into the navigation, there are times that it will not allow me to type the name of the street. I may start with the third letter and it immediately gives me a list of streets. None of which being what I am trying to find. Help

10

I figured the problem out (manual did not help AT ALL) If you have the Speed Warning feature turned on, it replaces the spot where the Odometer would usually appear. If you turn the Speed Warning to OFF (via the arrows and OK button on the left hand side of the steering wheel) then the Odometer will appear. Took a good while to realise why there wasnt an option to have the odometer on, until I thought maybe it was replaced by something else. Hope this helps someone! PS. Tom is a complete w*nker. Hi-5 to Eisimp for his reply.

I had to google where to find trip info! Salesmen told me go to settings so I figured ez Pezy! Thx to all here who also were a big help! Owners manual NOT!