My Van which is a Ford Windstar 1995 wont start

Asked by Jan 06, 2018 at 07:53 PM about the 1995 Ford Windstar

My van has been parked for quite some time. However I got all the new parts
for it such as; spark plugs, fuel pump & fuel filter as well as gas. Once I start my
car I seen that the fuel gauge moves onto the half way mark but then goes
down to empty. My car turns over but wont start. What could be wrong ??

I forgot to mention that I have a new battery but thank you very much for the advice once I check it out I shall get back to you again thank you a ton.

1,510

Usually when the fuel gauge goes to Empty It's EMPTY !!! unless the float's heavy Now if the gauge where to go to full to Full and peg out It's a ground problem to the gauge You need to realize the fuel gauge is just a rheostat that meters the ground to the gauge when the float is high in the tank (FULL) it sends less voltage (OHM"s weaker signal ) to the gauge . When the tank is (empty) and the float is low it more ground (stronger signal ) to the gauge to make it go to E You didn't state which motor ?? 3 Liter V-6 ? Check at the Coil for spark Could be the old plug wires