will turn over but won't fire. replaced fuel pump, plugs, fuses, battery, control modules coil packs, crank sensor. help me please?

85

Asked by Jan 29, 2008 at 05:45 PM about the 1995 Ford Thunderbird

42,955

Could be a fuel pump relay, are you getting spark out of the replaced coil packs, etc.?

85

Is the relay the button in the trunk? or where would it be at? getting spark all the way to the control module, but not getting spark at the plugs

6,895

Have you checked for fuel or spark? to replace the parts are good but if you dont check for one or the other, you are just spinning your bearings.... (pardon the pun), last week a customer asked me to replace a coil, I said I would like to check if that is the problem, I was told they know what was wrong and to just change is, so it was changed and the car still would not start, I was told I was ripping the customer off, I had the car put up and I found the problem with the customer standing there, under the car was a mess (dirt, mud etc) You could see that it was not touched, Long story short, the customer felt like a ass (His words) a $50 repair and the car was running (wire to fuel pump), as well as the mech' checked the wiring to the coil pack (found a "loose" wire), I felt bad for the guy spent $300 on a new coil pack for nothing, I couldn't charge him for the labour in changing it. point of this story, double check everything you do as you do it and never be afraid to get a second opinion, You might want to take the car to someone else (new Mech') Hope this helps, best of luck.

6,895

was writing this when the other post were put up. If you hav spark at the control module, but not the plugs, check the inj' coil pick up, or you have a bad coil pack

6,895

could also be the wires, Hope it all works out.

85

thank you so much, gives us more to work with. will let u know how it goes.