i have a question

165

Asked by Aug 03, 2008 at 09:58 PM about the 1995 Ford Taurus

i bought a 95 taurus with a 3.0 bout 2 or 3 weeks ago..  yesterday i was heading to a concert.. made it bout 40-50 miles andbroke down.. the bearing on the idler pulley blew out... so obviously the serp belt came undone and is junk.. i put a new pulley and belt on it.. i did that on the side of the interstate... well i got it going then bout 2 miles down the road it overheated really quickly.. so i stopped again.. obviously i was getting pissed off... and then i waited bout 45 minutes for it to cool down and i got it to a rest area and parked it there... when i got there i filled up the radiator with water just so it would have somethin in there and id do a flush on it when id get home.. well i started it up after i filled up the radiator... and then water started coming out of the exhaust pipe just before the muffler.... would that be a head gasket or a cracked head or would it be something else?  thank u for reading this and any info would be greatly appreciated

165

i checked the oil and there was no coolant in it and it had that oily feel..im trying to explain it as good as i can ...

10,235

Not in the oil... Should just be a head gasket. Should be running like crap too. Make sure you do a basic tune up after replacing the head gasket (plugs, oil change, etc).

10,235

If not running bad, may be a freeze plug.

if no water in oil it is still a headgasket,most likeley blown on the exhoust side.

165

ok thanks... ya its running like crap... it runs fine when u put the accelerator to the floor... but if u dont.. it shakes like like a mofo...

45

more than likely with the over heating and the water in the exhaust you have a cracked head gasket. Cracked Head gaskets can cause over heating and pretty much allow the oil and coolant to run togther. so if you do end up takeing it apart. be sure to check and clean all the internals. usually by a chem dip. and if it still continues to over heat after the car is fixed. suspect a water pump or thermostat issue. also remember to do another coolant and oil flush. before running the car again. I hopr this was atleast a little helpful.