Kia rio problems

Asked by Jul 14, 2016 at 05:03 PM about the 2001 Kia Rio

I was driving my 2001 kia rio, i got about 3
blocks from my house when it shut off.. The
car will turn over but wont start. Its never
done this befor. It didnt sputter it just shut
off..

20

Hello I had also same problem few days ago with my car Kia Rio 2008 model it started very bad,and I did everything which master told me change battery,to fixed starter but nothing 2 days ago is one of the master in Baku told me that lets change your starter and put it another car starter which is model Hyunday Sonata 1998 model because this is model car starter work very good.And we changed starter and no any problem at all.It started excellent.+994503147504 master number in baku

10

My car did this about a month ago, I was driving and it just cut off and would not turn over, well after money was spent and wasted trying to figure out what it was I took it to the shop and 700 dollars later found it was my timing belt

40

I had the same problem with my 2009 Kia Rio SX Until one day it wouldn't start at all. Turns out it WAS the fuel pump. when you get in the car and turn the key to the run position (but don't start it), you should hear a slight hum for 2 or 3 seconds. That's the fuel pump building up pressure for the start. I noticed an absence of that sound. Replaced the fuel pump myself for about $200. and it was super easy. Kia kept this in mind when they built the car, so all you have to do is remove a 12mm bolt thats between the 2 seatbelt latches on the passenger side (keeps the back of seat mounted) and then there are 2 latches on the bottom of the front of the seat that just left out. There is a plastic cover over the pump that just prys off (it has sticky stuff on the buttom). then there are 2 fuel lines to undo. Squeeze the sides together (colored plastic part) and pull apart. make sure the car has sat for like 30 minutes so theres no fuel pressure in the line otherwise gas sprays out. The electrical connector has a squeeze lock on side. then just lifts straight up (looks like like it might flip open, but it doesn't). Then there are eight 10mm bolts that hold the fuel pump mount on. Take those off, and remove cover. Now the fuel pump lifts right out. Make sure the fuel lines are moved aside so you don't break/crack the plastic fuel line. you might have to rotate the pump a little at the halfway mark to get the fuel gauge float out. Installation is reverse. One thing to note is that the pump has 2 indents on the top that the mounting ring "locks" into when installed. just make sure those are lined up. Also make sure all the hoses are connected before testing anything otherwise gas will go everywhere. Had this job done in less than 30 minutes (not including the 45 minutes spent trying to find a 10mm socket). Car was still under warranty but just bought the pump myself as it wasn't worth Kia taking 2 weeks to try and "figure" out what the problem was while I had no car, and then maybe replacing it under warranty or not. Hope this helps