Radiator fan relay

Asked by Feb 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM about the 2015 Ram ProMaster City

Hello, I want to know which Relay uses the
radiator fan

37,975

Pop open the lid to the relay and fuse center, should be an imprint of fuse/relay layout. If not, consult your owner's manual, I assume it being a 2015 you still have one.

70

They should have a recall on the fan's failure. I have 57,000 mileage and sometimes fan stops or doesnt turn fast... same thing on my friend's Ram Promaster city exact sam vehicle he has less than 30,000. And I see plenty of complaints about the same exact issue online... RECALL RAM PROMASTER CITY OVERHEATING DUE TO RADIATOR FAN FAILURE!

60

This should covered by your warranty depending on mileage. Fixed the relay on mine after a P0481 dtc code. Cleared the code for about 50 miles and then my cooling fan melted right off the fan motor! Stuck with the same dtc now. Beware! I believe some of thes fans are indeed defective. Fan failed at under 15k miles.

70

They must recall radiator fan failure my friend had that problem and I have this problem now... the dealers are trying to rip me off saying they have to replace the fan but IMHO it's just the relay!!

60

There's a chance it's not just the relay. These fans are known to be defective. 3,000 inoperable vehicles currently waiting for cooling fan part on backorder (I have been waiting 3 weeks so far with an updated delivery estimate of 1 more month). Very common problem. Same fan is used in the Jeep Renegades. Thousands of Renegade owners reporting the same exact issue online.

Mine just failed at 20K miles

60

Anyone experiencing a fan failure please file a complaint with NHTSA... still waiting for my backordered fan (for WELL over a month now) ---> https://www.nhtsa.gov

Have 2 same vans and both have exact problem. Backordered!! Should be a recall and some recourse for loss of vehicle use age.

60

Dealership has recently told me there are currently 4,000 inoperable vehicles waiting for this part. Quoted an ETA of another month. ETA is now November 2, 2017. Has been inoperable since August 12, 2017 several repair attempts made before actual problem discovered.

What do you mean by "before actual problem discovered? " what was actual problem? My dealer just put in a new fan, took two weeks. He had also to me 3,000 vehicles in front of me but got it expedited.

60

I meant that they first identified the problem as a relay failure and only after a second overheat condition did they discover that the fan was defective. How did your dealer get it "expedited"? What area are you in?

I see. I am in Chicago, it is a fleet vehicle so they gave me a free loaner and somehow got the fan in 2 weeks. Like I said he told me there we're 3k in front of me but put in some special request. I use larry rosch jeep dodge ram in elmhurst Illinois. Would recommend.

I have a 2015 and have noticed the engine seems to be running hot that I get a hot smell but the temp gauge is right in the center. The fan does come on but still think motor compartment is getting hotter than it should. could I have a fan going bad or relay like so many of you?

60

Very likely. I have a suspicion that the temperature gauge only rises when the engine is getting dangerously hot and will stay dead center even if the engine is warmer than normal. Have heard other reports from people who have had a similar suspicion. I'd get it checked if it's under warranty still.

Im haveing same problem if i let it idle the fan kicks on and blows a fuse and it will over heat but if im driving it it stays in the middle

60

Get the fan replaced - it is confirmed to be defective. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.