2004 amanti cannot get the cd to eject and it runs dpown my battery

Asked by Jan 29, 2018 at 06:22 PM about the 2004 Kia Amanti

293,245

Then can try removing the fuse to the CD player, but make sure nothing else is on that circuit that you need. But ultimately you'll have to remove the unit out of the dash. remove the negative battery cable first, then remove the panels around the player to remove. Replace with a new or used one. The current player you have is not worth fixing. You can find used ones on ebay.

The above answer is what I did to solve the problem, but I replaced the entire radio console module, all three parts. First remove the shift cover, which reveals the screws that hold the dashboard console. Removing the console reveals the module screws. the module pulls straight out. Carefully swap the harness plugs and push the replacement back into the dash console. NOW TEST IT OUT. If it works, clean all the covers andreplace the screws and covers. In a moment of stupidity, I disassembled the CD changer to reveal a broken burned CD-R that had cracked at the center hole and left debris in the changer. There was no chance I could have repaired it, but I did recover the CDs from the damaged changer.