Blown fuse for the radio, blower and dome lights for 1988 Chevy g10

20

Asked by Dec 06, 2014 at 01:03 AM about the 1988 Chevrolet Chevy Van

How do I fix that problem

6,970

Are you saying they all share one fuse? Or are you having trouble finding the fuse panel? Having a test light can help find the fuses with opens or bad connection. The tester has to be grounded, good luck finding one, the shake brace sometimes has ground, the latch on the truck body side has ground. Then you can verify fuse is powered on both sides as you check every one. some circuits you have to operate and the rest power up when you turn the ignition on. A blower fuse may be 30 amp and the other two may be 20 or even 15 The rest of the info is about how you keep and maintain spare fuses for yourself.

20

Well this what happen , I was trying to fix the cigarette lighter and hook it up to the fuse box , when I connected it . Knock off my radio heater and my doom lights. What should I doo

6,970

If your circuits continue to melt fuses, you may have to repair the wires the installation or replace the component or its parts. If you say what you are finding and test results as well as visual component inspection, people for ths site can offer suggestions. GM is motivated to help customers and they can be consulted for help at every level of your needs. There are many aftermarket sources who have the same quality after the part numbers are released. You can see your components in pictures after googling it.

20

I got power to the fuse box but no blower , radio or dome

6,970

Quit smoking, hahaha, no but seriously folks, The power is in the center if the lighter and the ground is the outer cover. The truck would have wires for that already. If you cannot use the lighter wires, there are fuse panel additional ports where circuits can be added, but you must fuse the wire with a fuse holder before approaching the panel to connect. Since you have 3 problems, this says perhaps 2 already existed, or you disturbed things that were unconnected. and somehow shorted them. I suggest seeking professional help.

6,970

This always takes time, the book , and concentration. Careful tests and disassembly. a well lit shop, new parts or good used ones. Blower circuit can heat up because heater blowers need maintenance, Inspecting yours for a dry shaft and bushings, water washing the lube away, or things that mess with the squirrel cage. Like small animal nests. Safety wise, wear protection. they spread disease.

6,970

Concerns with illumination, vehicle 20 yrs or more. Lightswitch damaged by water entry.

6,970

If your lightswitch is turning green, your floorboard is eaten thru and cutting the harness, or your actions have damaged the fuse, all there is left to do is inspect the light bulb. You could order another light and replace it. You could replace your switch and correct the waterleaks. You could take careful steps in diagnosis, study the book and read the precautions, pray for the 9 gifts.

6,970

A technician has to do all those things and buy all the stuff to have around to help you. If he has not been burgled by the powers of darkness, he probably still has everything. You just ask him to help on the items by priority. LET THERE BE LIGHT.

20

Replace fuse for horn....it's a 25 amp fuse,it's a yellowish color,I don't recall what number it is.