what kind of battery does my 1987 chevy van winne RV take? there are 2 batteries, one that is under the hood and the other is on the side- what type of battery do i need in each of these locations?? thanks

Asked by Aug 13, 2015 at 04:08 PM about the 1987 Chevrolet Chevy Van

what kind of battery does my 1987 chevy van winne RV take? there are 2 batteries, one
that is under the hood and the other is on the side- what type of battery do i need in each
of these locations?? thanks

143,385

Use a deep-cycle battery on the side holder. That is for "dry camping" with no hook-ups, for your 12V lights and water pump (the water pump for your dish- sink not engine..two entirely different things) The deep-cycle battery looks just like an regular automotive battery, matter of fact it is, but can be drained completely without being ruined. You can camp out and drain that one dry, but it will not prevent you from starting engine. A regular automotive battery, the one under the hood, is for starting the engine, and when engine is running will charge both of them. Now, as for exactly what battery, Brand name, whatever... does not matter