I have a 86 Chevrolet, VA,G20 had to replace the Fuel pump, went from Manual pump to an electric pump. I need to knw what the FUSE size would be so I can run it on a fuse. right now it is connected directly to the battery an when its turned on it run all the time, an I waste to much GAS, so if anyone can help plz email me @ bjp196215@gmail.com....Thanks

Asked by Aug 05, 2014 at 02:38 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet Chevy Van

electric fuel pump from battery to fuse.

92,695

Did you bypass the existing fuel pump? It also sounds like you got the wrong pump, you need a pump that has a pressure sensing unit built in it, so it turns off when fuel pressure max is reached and then only runs just enough to maintain it, otherwise you will need to use a return system on the fuel lines so the fuel is returned to the tank after the float in the carb shuts the fuel off, otherwise it is possible for the pump to lift open the needle and cause excessive fuel flow and could cause flooding or rich running. Most pumps use a 15 amp fuse wired to a key switched power source.