84 Chevy Van Rough Start/Idle question

Asked by Sep 06, 2016 at 12:56 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet Chevy Van

My van has an after market manual choke and usually fires up after the second try with the choke out all the way. I let it warm up a bit then put the choke in mostly all the way. Sometimes, when I put it in gear it stalls when I give it a little gas. Lately it's stalled at stop signs as well and is taking several more tries to get it started. Also while driving it, I can feel a surging in the gas pedal. All these things lead me to believe it's the fuel pump, would that be the likely cause? It's a 305 V8 engine.

40

Has your van been stalling anymore?

Occasionally, but in the past week the engine light went out on it's own and it seems to be running and starting better. Could it have been something that worked itself out?