Why are my brake lights on my 1975 step van not working?

Asked by Aug 16, 2015 at 09:17 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Chevy Van

We have changed the brake lights to see if that was the issue but they are still now working. We can get the turn signals to work and the lights come on when we have our head lights on, but they wont come on when we are braking.

19,150

Check the brake light switch it located on the brake pedal arm.

19,150

Also check the brake light fuse

96,835

turn on the 4 way flashers, then step on the brake, if the 4 ways quit flashing then you have a wiring problem to the rear brake lights, if they don't stop flashing then you have a bad brake light switch or no power to the switch.