When I go fast my wheel shakes. When I slow down it feels like im rockin side to side..

10

Asked by Mar 05, 2013 at 11:14 AM about the 1995 Ford Explorer

there's no clunking noise. everythings running just fine. it started out pulling to the right when I drive. now my wheel is shaking when i go like 45mph and up. when i slow down my wheel dont shake. but it feels like its rockin.. there's a bunch of pot holes where i live.. could i have just bent my rim or something?

16,255

could have bent a rim, or parts of the steering linkage. Get an alignment check and have your wheels checked as well.

10

i checked under tha front end last nite. both sides matched to me lol. i really dont know what im lookin for tho unless theres a sound. im pretty good with knowing whats wrong with my vehicle. this time there's no sound.. when i really focus on the feel of it. it seems like something with my left tire.. i recently wrecked and hit a tree on the left side. it was driveable after it happened. i got it fixed and had no trouble at all. i thought it was pulling to the right but didnt do anything about it.. and now this is goin on

115

its a broken belt in you tire....

115

take it to someone who has a spin balancer for tires just to be sure .....im 99% sure its a broken belt in your tire

16,255

Like I said, get an alignment check. Lots of places do it for free, they will be able to tell you whats wrong (or at least not wrong). could be something bent or loose. It doesnt take much of a bend to make things off. Most of the time it isnt visible unless you take the part off and compare it to a new one.

10

ok thank you.. you helped me not freak out so bad... i work til 1 and im gettn it checked out. ill let you kno what it was

90,065

To see if it's the tire or rim, swap the wheels around to see if it changes.

365

On my truck i had to problems lol, front right side tire belt broke and my left rear kept going flat, cracked rim got a new one. So im absolutely positive its your belt.

15,400

You ran into a tree, but the car was driveable. Well, trees do not move, mot of the time, and metal suspension parts bend. Start with the easiest first. Check the tire for balance, a broken steel belt inside, and the rim for damage. Make sure the balancing weights have not fallen off the rim. If all is ok there, the problem is a bent suspension part. I doubt the problem is just alighment. If you smacked the tree hard enough to knock it out of alignment to the point something is vibrating, more is involved than a simple alignment.

10

well i had to buy all new tires. 2 of them had broken belts and the other to were about to break. they were startin to dry rot too. now i got another problem with it. i did have to get it aligned. both front tires were pointing outwards. now my right tire is stickin out about an inch.. its not shaking anymore at all.. when i drive it, i have control of the wheel but when i turn i have to turn my wheel way more than i should have to. something feels broke. its drivable but very sketchy.

15,400

Stevie. Where did you get tires? From Abdullah the rubber merchant. A tire outlet should be able to provide an alighment, and told you you needed one. However, If one wheel is sticking out to the point you can notice it, I doubt an alignment is the only problem. And if you drive the car with the wheels that far out your new tires will not last until the next oil change.

Don't know

Mine does same thing