What type of gasoline does s mini cooper countryman require

Asked by Aug 01, 2015 at 10:58 PM about the 2014 MINI Countryman

Grab it outta your glovebox and open it up, bubba!!

17,225

Well, it's premium unleaded, 91, if you have a turbocharged engine.

Let him read his Owner's Manual, Mark. Why are people so lazy? The answer is in the manual!

17,225

I know, you're right. I know many people who never read their manuals for computer programs and then complain that they don't understand how to do all the functions. Ridiculous! Well, he'll have to figure everything else about this car and especially that it has terrible service reliability. Mini Coopers are a really poor choices of a vehicle. I suppose that any gas station attendant could have told him which gas to use , if you could FIND ONE TODAY! lol

41,905

Mini Coopers are even worse than Subarus in the reliability department. ;) Isn't that correct Mark?

http://www.edmunds.com/mini/cooper/2014/consumer-reviews/review-630121769968164864/

Looks like a horrendous car...the stuff that nightmares are made of!!

17,225

Bob, you still think Subaru's are unreliable ? Recently, there's been some oil burning issues, but, you know what, so have a lot of other cars in 2015. See this, http://www.wtrf.com/story/29441524/consumer- reports-reveals-thirsty-30-list-of-oil-guzzling-late-model-cars My own car is a 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5L. It's not simply the make and model of car anymore, it's the vintage, like a bottle of wine.

17,225

I don't have an oil burning problem. But, I'm very easy on my cars. And, I get them serviced immediately if I think there's anything going on. I don't like getting stranded even though I have AAA. It's great insurance to have them. I always advise people to have this emergency roadside assistance.

17,225

Bob, while you continue to make snarky remarks at Subaru, look at this article just 6 days ago, Subaru is 5th on the list, http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/consumer-reports-best-and-worst-car-brands-in-2015-include-lexus-mazda-and-toyota-1.10387053 Your Lincoln is down at 16, care to comment about that?

41,905

LOL AT mark.

41,905

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/lawsuit-charges-subaru-engines- may-have-defective-piston-ring-071714.html

41,905

Comment? Hmmm, my Lincoln uses no oil and works as advertised. Also my Lincoln has no pending class action suits against the manufacturer. The #16 rating is because users are too stupid to figure out the Sync system which is easy to operate once you are acquainted with it. I was stunned to see Subaru at #5. One would think with the oil consumption issues it would be near the bottom.

17,225

Bob, maybe it's at number 5 because there's so many pleased Subaru owners in the high mileage club with 200,000 to 300,000 miles on their cars and some at 500,000 miles There's a lot of old Subaru cars still on the road for 20 years or more. I can't say that for Lincoln, sorry. Finally, yes, the lawsuit! You know, it's not every car? Right? Do you think this issue is exaggerated?

17,225

And, just to state this again, my car does not burn excessive oil. All cars under certain conditions can burn some oil; I know you are aware of that.

17,225

Bob, as a point of information, just because Subaru has a couple of lawsuits pending doesn't mean that they'll lose the case. It's not an indictment of their company, nothing has been decided here.

17,225

Bob, and, one more piece of information for you- In the April 2015 auto issue of Consumer Reports, they only recommended one car in the entire Lincoln line of cars and that was the Lincoln MKZ. I'm sorry, but, that's not a ringing endorsement for that product. Lincoln models are in the midrange of vehicles and you're paying for the name. On the other hand, Subaru has been praised for it's safety, practicality and AWD systems. And, it's been rated by US News, and Kelly Blue Book very highly. My Subaru Outback was rated the number one SUV by Motor Trend magazine for 2010 from a whole list of other vehicles see this link right here below, http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/suv/112_0912_2010_suv_of_the_year_winner/viewall.html

41,905

Uhhhh, Mark it's 2015 not 2010. Have a nice afternoon.

17,225

Bob, yes, I know what year it is, thank you ! I just used my car as an example of how highly regarded Subaru's are. You simply don't like fact that they're the number 5 on the list of best cars.

Wow!! This is awesome! Me and the OP are just gonna chill, have some hot buttered popcorn and enjoy "The Subaru and Lincoln Fanboy Faceoff"!! You 2 guys are going at it like Rock-em, Sock-em Robots!! Hey Mdash, grab me some Junior Mints from the concession stand!!

41,905

Yup, me and Mark go at it all the time. I think he is a pretty good guy, even if he drives a Subaru. If he'd mention Subaru less I wouldn't give him so much grief. Really not fair to compare a Lincoln and a Subaru any way. Apologies to the OP for taking over his thread.

17,225

Bob, I don't mind a little friendly repartee with you. You're right about one thing, they are two completely different cars especially in practicality. How can you compare the versatility of a station wagon to that of a sedan? And, you're comparing a car that's been around with a 20 year plus history to one that's only been on the market since 2006 since it's introduction originally as the Zephyr. At least Subaru is consistent in not changing the names of their cars every few years. All I can say is numbers speak for themselves, see this link, http://www.redrobot.org/Our%20News/files/32eeb858ae87be86f8b0c6e3b0f92dc2-254.html

41,905

BLA BLA BLA BLA, give it a rest Mark! You are ate up with Subaru. You must have drank at least 5 gallons of Subaru Koolaide.

17,225

I don't make these stories up and if you don't like the facts about sales of Subaru cars, well, I can't help you. It's just arithmetic. And, http://www.neverbuyalincoln.com/horrorstories.html

17,225

Bob, look for this question on the forum, Timing chain broke on my 2001 mercury cougar, It's not good!

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-d2098_ds515263

15

My daughter is thinking of buying a MINI and so I do not have an owners manual...just need to know what type of gas she will be buying. I just scanned the above comments and it seems to me you folks are like children. BTW: I have read every owners manual for every car i have owned. From cover to cover.