will a ford contour transmission work in a tempo/taurus? what is the trans id number and cross refrence?

Asked by Mar 18, 2007 at 05:32 PM about the 1995 Ford Contour

need to know the cross reference for a a 1995 ford transmission what will it fit in?

33,145

I wouldn't think that it would fit but I dont want to give you a wrong answer. I would call or stop by a Ford Dealership, they will know best.

If its a 3.0 duratec an mtx75 will work but the input shaft has to be ground down. if its an automatic itll be a straight swap

no,it will not interchange.

see contour.org 3 liter swap faq. It does fit, I had a 3.0 conversion in a 96 SE use 2.5 liter heads and the engine has an 11:1 compression ratio.

yea right,stop following me like a dog waging his tail.

Again, time stamped. stop riding my coattail