How many miles can I expect to be able to put on my 2004 jeep liberty with it still running well

25

Asked by Jan 29, 2008 at 08:55 PM about the 2004 Jeep Liberty

see other post

40

HELLO, I HAD 163,000 KMS ON MY 2003 JEEP LIBERTY SPORT WHEN I GAVE IT UP. I HAD ONLY ONE REPAIR WHICH WAS THE A/C COMPRESSOR CLUTCH. OTHERWISE IT WAS TROUBLE FREE.

245

I'm at 115K on my 2003 Liberty Renegade, and with the exception of ongoing parking brake issues, I'm looking forward to at least another 115K! Keep up on the routine maintenance, and you should do well!

3,795

Depends on how well you maintain it and how hard you drive it. Basically, if you don't push it's limits and maintain it properly, you could get 200,000 or 300,000 miles out of it quite easily.

55

hard question to answer since every owner drives differently and has different amounts the he/she would be willing to put into the car to keep it running. Maintain the vehicle well and it usually treats you well too but not everyone is so lucky. I have seen a few Jeep liberys that have needed a new rack and pinion and that cost 1500 bucks or so.

645

9 inches? i'd kinda like to see a picture of that...?

2,645

IF you change the oil regularly, you should get a least 250K-300K, NO problem.......hope this helps

2,645

Here's a pic. with 175,000, and still running strong.......

20

My money is very limited after an accident w/ my last vehicle. I'm looking at a 2012 Jeep Liberty Sport:93,700 miles. I'll mainly be using it for local and an occasional few hour trip, Basic model: No real bells and whistles. Under carriage looks beautiful. Just some surface rust on oil pan and muffler, which I can rustoleum. Today I'm taking it for a test on highway. Checking for noise and pick up. V6. (I drove a Montero Sport for 11 years forever..160,000 plus. A/C is strong. AWD

40

My 2003 has over 240K miles and it's still going strong. There were some replairs this year: AC Compressor clutch ($420), radiator replaced (part only $115). Otherwise it's in incredible shape. I have take in it on long distance trips twice and that's when it seems to have develop issues. Treat it well and it'll be fine.

2,645

Our limited, pictured above has 185,000 miles on her now. the only thing i,ve replace was the air compressor [55$] junk yard!!!@ 95,000, and the alternator 35$ same junk yard@!!!105,000. and front drive shaft@ 130,000 [125$] replaced them all myself. Truck still runs like new, never burned a drop of oil...Just put all new tires on her, Mastercraft Courser HSX Tour 235/60/R18's and hoping to get 250-300,000..She still looks NEW!!!!!

40

I have and love to death my 2004 Black Jeep Liberty and at 169,000 miles I went to my long time, honest and reliable mechanic here Southampton, NY. I did not want to get rid of "Blackie" and pay huge amounts of money for a good used (don't know what you're getting) or a new car. The garage said that for around $4,500 I should be able to get Blackie to 250,000 miles perhaps even more. So, they: all new : tires, brakes, shocks, radiator, spark plugs (still had the original plugs), wiring, filters, headlights, oils, transmissions oils, detailing, and a few more things that I forgot. Great job but then 3,500 miles later I started to get jerked when I accelerated. Needed and installed a new re-built transmission. Now been driving her for another 3,200 miles and she is real smooth and hope nothing else goes wrong and I am satisfied that "Blackie" is driving and feels like new. I spent $8,000 a little more than I wanted to but I now have the car I love back on the road hopefully for at least another 5 years. I really liked the design of those Liberties. The ones that followed too boxing, bad design.

210

My 2002 Jeep Liberty has 355000 miles!,,

2,645

195,000k and still looks like the day we bought her!!!

2,645

josephchiarello : everyone has there own opinion about the two diff. styles of Liberty, I personally like them both 1st and 2nd Gen. from the rugged mountains, to a night out on the town, GREAT TRUCKS, i just wished they would have geared them a little different, so the gas mileage was better, but it is what it is!!!!!!

10

I have 212K on my '03 Liberty Renegade, 5-speed manual. Mostly highway mileage. Oil changes at 5K miles. New clutch about 20K miles ago. It's running STRONG!

40

Best truck I've ever bought. She's a 2005 limited edition Jeep Liberty and she's currently sitting at 329,000 miles and starts EVERY DAY without hesitation!!! I put a transmission in her at 230,000 miles and that's the biggest expense that I've had. We are going to keep rolling until she says "no more." Love this car

40

mine is now 185,000 miles. New re-built transmission at 181,000. At 175,000 put some serious money in her tokep her going forn anothewr hopefully 100,000 miles. New brakes, tires, shocks battery, some iring and instaled a new $700 bluetooth audio system. Had a great detailing job done to her, I love this model's design being a little rounded and not boxy like the new ones. Love the car.

10

I have 167000 miles on my 2004 Limited. No problems except a little rust on the door. I had a 2002 Sport sold it to my daughter only because she needed a vehicle and that one is doing great at 189000 when I sold it to her. So, yeah they go along way.

10

It is entirely too variable to quantify. My 2003 Jeep Liberty has been an involuntary restoration job (almost complete) as part after part has needed to be replaced. I bought it at only 93k, and it drove fine, looked great, had one previous owner that barely drove it, but I started having problems very soon after buying it. The 4x4 gear shift cable broke, $700. The transmission went, $3000. Radiator, battery, brakes, tires, stereo, lots of other small stuff. Water pump. Two thermostats (always over-cooling for some reason). O2 sensors. Two camshaft position sensors (one just because it was leaking oil). Crankshaft position sensor. Spark plugs, wires, a couple coils... now I get a nice whirr sound from the rear dif right before it comes to a stop. That probably means the preload is off and it will likely then need a new pinion and gear soon. The rest of the issues were all indicated by engine codes and double checked by local repair shops that I trust (I obtained confirmation on a couple occasions by having two different shops diagnose the same problem). AC clutch is still the same, so that will also likely go soon. And it bounces pretty bad so the suspension likely needs to be looked at (probably new struts, etc). So yeah... it can be a reliable truck but evidently the one owner that owned it prior and drove it lightly did not maintain it well at all so all my problems have occurred before the 140k mark (where it is now). I expect the rear diff to go at 160k or so and am planning ahead financially for that. Pretty expensive if they do the whole thing. My biggest problem is poor credit. But I have the income to maintain repairs. Thus it is indeed an involuntary restoration job for me. I would much rather just buy a new car. But it is not in the cards for me at this time.

40

I own a 2005 jeep liberty limited and it is absolutely THE BEST VEHICLE that I've ever bought. It currently has 332,000 miles on it.....STARTS STRONG EVERYDAY....with no hesitation. The biggest expense has been putting in a new transmission at 230,000 miles, which was guaranteed for 2 years or 25,000 miles....I easily have gotten well over 100,000 miles on that transmission replacement. Car was also in 1 accident and the insurance company wanted to total it, but I said NO. I fixed it and will continue to drive it until it tells me no more. Whatever jeep did, when they built this truck, needs to be applied to every car that's manufactured LOVE MY JEEP!!! Gonna take it to 400,000 miles if she says so ❤

230,000 on my '04 Jeep Liberty! Love it.

My 2002 Jeep liberty renegade has 40000 Miles on It. It's been sitting for a few years due to airbags lawsuit against Chrysler. I finally have It to a mechanic because Chrysler refuses to fix the airbags so I'm hoping it starts. It's 4 wheel drive. Has some white stuff on the engine. Wish me luck

20

I was just told yesterday that it's time to "put down" my 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport. Needs a new engine, a/c compressor is going bad and windows don't go up/down anymore (ongoing problem). After 13 years and 227,000 miles, I guess I shouldn't complain. It hurts to let it go and have to assume a car payment after being payment free for almost 10 years!! Loved that car!!

My 2007 Jeep Liberty has 167,000 miles. I did two cross country trips at 138,000 miles. I recently gave my Liberty to my son for his first car. I see him having the Liberty for a long time. I travel 100 miles per day for work and became concerned over the high mileage. I bought a new Jeep Patriot and hate it. Big mistake made by Jeep for discontinuing the Liberty. The Patriot is a hunk of junk.