my 2004 jeep grand cherokee will only blw air through the dfrost vents. No matter what setting I select.

215

Asked by Oct 27, 2010 at 02:32 PM about the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

what can I do to fix my climate control on my jeep. No matter what direction I choose for the air to blow it only comes out of the defrost vents.

565

is your cruise control not working too? its probably a vaccuum hose!

235

First check with your local dealer if you have an outstanding recall for that kinda thing. I work at a Chrysler dealer and some vehicles are being recalled for faulty actuators that change the direction of air flow from defrost to face. If no Recall, that actuator for the face/defrost is most likely your issue. It's known as the Mode Door Servo part #5012728AB. Take a peek and see what ya get.

215

my cruse control is not working, i will check the hoses. Thanks

565

i have an 04 as well and have had the same problem. I took it to my local dealer and they didnt know what to tell me. Got home and had my husband look at. Opened the hood and sure enough it was a vacuum hose!! very relieved to find out it was a simple fix!!

215

Do you know which hose???? I have had a quick look and found nothing. But it was under the hood right?

1,335

http://wjjeeps.com/jmenu.htm the only site you will ever need for your WJ

565

yes, it was under the hood. Im not sure which hose as i wasnt the one that fixed but he said leave the jeep running and open the hood. you should be able to hear it and locate it right away

30

Mine is doing the same thing. The vacuum switch has vacuum to it and I tried to bypass it with pneumatic tubing connectors with no change. could it be the actuators?

50

The hose is right behind the plastic air director on top of the motor on the right hand side of the intake. It's a fairly big hose with a black & cream colored ring about 3" back. Mine was cracked & split so I cut it back 1/4" & clamped it. Worked like a charm!

100

I have a 2004 with a six cylinder. Same problem with air ducts. Air only from defroster. I took the recommendation and looked for a leaky vacuum line. I traced to a hose under the battery carriage behind the headlight. I could just get a glimpse of it but could not get anywhere near it. I looked at taking out the battery, the main circuit block and then the battery carriage and couple other electrical parts, but I took a different route. I pulled the bumper, and grill/head light assembly. It was pretty quick and it got me to a couple vacuum lines that I couldn't see before, which I replaced. You can find videos on line about pulling the bumper and stuff, but its quick and when the vacuum line was fixed AC worked like a champ.

230

If air only comes out of the defrost vent, it may be the vacuum line. It may be a VERY simple diagnosis and repair. Check out this video and see if applies to you. It fixed my problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piyUGRpOMFg

if your cruise dont work, which is usually the problem, "wont set at speed", the cruise control is around or under the battery holder,the vacuum hose that connects to it will be broke loose, just trim off the end,and put back in place