Over the past week, my Silver Spur would not start when I turned the key. Sometimes it would start and sometimes it would not. Could this be a relay switch or solenoid problem?

10

Asked by Mar 26, 2014 at 09:50 AM about the 1988 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur

22,445

Does the starter turn but the engine doesn't fire? or is the key just having no response sometimes? If no response, it is probably the starter or the ignition switch- don't you have a mechanic for this car? Someone named Nigel who wears a spotless white velour jumpsuit with a large "RR" over the breast pocket? If you don't, you should-

10

Hi Jamnblues, thanks for your answer. I checked all of the relay switches and the ignition relay was shot. I went to get Bosch Part #0332204122 and got a BWD part #R3177. It's working now. I probably saved between $150 to $1,500 depending on where I took the vehicle.