does the dealer have the key code for my 1989 MB 560SL

Asked by Feb 02, 2015 at 10:26 PM about the 1989 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class

Lost the keys to my Mercedes Benz 560SL,can I take the VIN to a dealer and will they be able to get the code to make me keys or give me the code so that I can go to locksmith and have them made?Thank-you.

116,335

1989 is going to be tough, you might get lucky if you bought the car new from your local dealer. Try calling your dealer but I think it is a lost cause. Maybe your best bet would have a locksmith come out and pick out the codes and cut some keys for you. That way if it ever happened again you would have the codes.

1,905

Absolutely they do. These are laser cut keys. Take proof of ownership -title and current registration to the dealer and they will make as many as you wish off the VIN.