how do i set correct date on dashboard display in my 2013 prius?

610

Asked by Feb 09, 2013 at 10:34 AM about the 2013 Toyota Prius

610

the dashboard clearly says "press settings and hold", but there isn't the "Settings" button. they are referring to you "disp" button (display?) on the steering wheel controls. so press and hold Display button disp on the steering wheel and then you will get you the option of "clock"on the dashboard. short pushes on the disp button will move to the cursor down the list of options and then once at "clock" a long push on disp opens the option to modify the date. in short- keep trying till you figure out what to press to make the date change. the actual clock settings are next to the radio volume nob.

465

Take it in to the dealer and have them do it for you, they will also show you how to use the other features of the car that you may not know about

Best Answer
610

seriously, take it in to dealer? wow, thanks... i wouldn't have sought an answer on this site- if i was willing to carve out the time to make an appt for something as little as an annoyingly off-date. i looked in manual, but still had to mess around until the "settings" location was understood. then i shared it here- to "help" others seeking answers vs making appts at their car dealer(s).

610

new question.. how do i move "best answer" to the actual answer?

20

That was no answer and I have the same question will be going to the dealer if I can not find a helpful prius owner

50

Wow are you kidding me? Take it to the dealer? Really?

400

Press the DISP button until the SETTINGS screen appears. Press it some more until the Calendar is highlighted. While the vehicle is stopped, press and hold the DISP button until the screen changes. The selected item will change each time the DISP button is pressed. Select CALENDAR Press and hold the DISP button to enter the setting mode. Select the date by pressing the DISP or TRIP button. Press and hold the button to change the date continuously. If neither button is operated for approximately 5 seconds, the setting will be changed and the screen will return to the previous display. Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/help-how-to-set-date-on-2012-prius-4.106950/#ixzz2ciSDp4iS Follow us: @PriusChat on Twitter | PriusChat on Facebook

40

jrdregs My car reads 03/11/12. I followed your directive, and as soon as I get to today's date. I stop. The 5 seconds passes and the settings go back to the previous window... and BACK to the 03/11/12. I must have tried it 10 times. Why does it keep going back to the original date? I'm going crazy pushing this damn DISP button. HEELLLLLLLLLP!!!!

50

OH MY GOSH!!! I have the same problem! I just bought a 2013 Prius Five (that was originally purchased by a guy two months earlier, so I got a deal). Anyway, I followed the instructions in the manual and checked Google and it STILL won't work. I can set the actual day but not the month and year. If I push Trip or Display (within the 5 second period) the display changes completely or the trip screen shows up. Holy mackerel!

110

DST once again so I'm visiting this site. I'll follow the above advice, but I have some advice of my own to whoever designed this dumb clock. If you add full bluetooth capability into a car, why not have it sync to the phone's calendar and clock? They're always in sync with the correct date/time.

100

jdregs had the correct answer but did not clear up what was bothering most of us, ie how to advance the date or take the date back. I couldn't adjust the year backwards.until I learned that that the TRIP button will roll the date backwards. So if your display is showing 2015 or more use TRIP to roll the date backwards...It is really necessary to adjust the year. Therefore pressing the DISP advances the date and is OK for setting month and day. But to roll the date backwards press TRIP to roll back 12 months to go from 2015 to 2014..... You will see the months changing in a backwards direction so just adjust the month to get the year you want....the month and day is easy after that....

50

thanks AgFox1. That worked. "TRIP" to roll date backwards. "DISP" to move date forwards. (after on calendar set)

40

On your Dashboard you'll find a "H" "M" and a ":00" underneath are black buttons which are for setting the time.

Changing the time on a 2014 Pruis C is IMPOSSIBLE. Shame on Toyota to make it so Difficult. Going to the dealership is not an option. TOO FAR !!! Never again...