Second try on this....our car won't start, not a sound or nothing.

Asked by Apr 07, 2013 at 02:03 AM about the 2009 Ford Crown Victoria

We went to start the car today, after it sat in the garage for about 3months, and when we turned the key absolutely
nothing happened. We put the battery on a charger for most of the day and still nothing. Any ideas on what is going
on.

89,925

Did the battery take the charge? Do the lights work? It might be a bad battery after being discharged for three months. If you have volts, check your fuses. You should check your wire for signs of mice chewing on them. They love gnawing on insulation.

Thanks Tenspeed, I will check these, and get back to you if it's alright with you, thanks so much!

Going to change the battery, didn't charge. Start there anyway, thanks again.

56,775

Yup, sometimes a battery will be SO dead it won't take a charge. At that point replacement is your best option. For future reference disconnect the negative (-) battery cable if you plan on not using the car for an extended time period. HTH. -Jim

Yup no volts, getting a new battery any ideas where is the best place to get it?

56,775

Your local auto parts store would be your best bet. Advance, NAPA, Auto Zone, etc. Sears Diehard batteries are good too. You'll have different choices with different price tags attached. The more expensive the battery the longer the warranty. You can get one up to 84 months at some places. On an 84 month battery if it quits after say 60 months you only have to pay a percentage of the cost of a new one. Also, compare the CCA (cold cranking amps) on the old battery to the new one. They should be the same or very close. Too much & you'll burn out the starter prematurely. Too little & you'll have trouble getting started on cold winter mornings. HTH. -Jim

Thanks for the info.....helps alot!