increase fuel consumption

Asked by Feb 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM about the 1989 Ford E-150

i got a 1989 Ford Econoline van V8, i got it service two weeks ago, changed the spark
plugs, ignition wire, fuel filter and air filter. thinking that all this would give me better fuel
consumption, but I'm still getting 20L/100km. could the oxygen sensor be causing the van
to run to rich??? or is there something else i can do? to get better mileage in my van.

68,735

Once the new spark plugs get broken in, you'll see an increase in gas mileage. I've actually LOST gas mileage for the first few months after a tune up. HTH. - Jim