were is the thermostat on my truck having a hard time finding it

Asked by Feb 03, 2014 at 02:22 PM about the 1989 Ford E-150

Don,t no really were it is i no that it,s somewear in the front,but don,t see it.

well the top hose disappears into a cooling elbow....it's under that elbow~ will find a cartoon fer ye~

ya see the pipe stickin' up with all the corrosion like someone with white lipstick has been kissin' it~...it's under this elbow...you may have to disassemble a few things for clearance~

what it actually looks like....funky ole thang that~ https://www.google.com/#q=1989+ford+e+150+thermostat+location&tbm=sh op&spd=13375710503147341250

the thermostat----only goes in one way....plus a gasket or bead of black RTV...wait fifteen minutes...then assemble....if the gasket cannot be found~ http://www.discountbodyparts.com/catalog/feeds/Ford/E- 150_Econoline_Club_Wagon/Replacement/Thermostat/1989/REPC318003. html?dbpcid=productads

what motor is in the van ?

I have a Econoline 250 Van, V-8; and I just had it running sitting last night, and saw steam coming up from engine, turned on interior lights and noticed the temperature gauge was pegged hot....turned it off right away. Waited til morning, it is my home and sleeping quarters; to check it out. First the radiator water level was down, and put in 3 gallons of water. Then tried to start it again, and it started right up; let it run for 7 minutes or so and watched the Temperature gauge. It stayed on cool, and never rose. Looked for anything leaking water, and couldn't see anything. Decided to turn it off, so I at least can move it out of this Library parking lot; I stayed in last night, when it all happened. Will go back out, and check the Oil, and see if there is any water in the Oil. Then later move it a few blocks, and park it; where I usually sleep in it at that location. Then let it continue to let is run sitting still, and see what happens when it heats up? Like the Thermostat probably hasn't opened yet, for just the 7 minutes I have let it run so far? Don't even know where to look for the Thermostat location, and hose in that location? Really buried somewhere, I imagine? I hope I don't have to remove engine cover inside to get to it? I have all sorts of things piled up here in front drivers seat, and in between them. So, see how it goes checking the oil now, to see if I can see where those 3 gallons of water went....maybe if I let it run longer and the thermostat kicks into opening, that will reveal where it is leaking? Any Suggestions, and know where the Thermostat is located, in all this piled together engine area?