Why doesn't light (green) on the dashborad and floor vents go off when I turn the fan off?

Asked by Jan 16, 2013 at 05:13 PM about the 2013 Honda CR-V

I am technology challenged so please keep that in mind.  I've read the manual, pushed buttons and still the green light on the dashboard and floor vents stay on.  I do not have dual control.  I'm relatively certain the light wasn't on when I drove home, originally.

Standard Eco Assist indicates to the driver when the vehicle is being operated in an efficient style via "green" visual cues surrounding the speedometer, and a selectable ECON Mode alters operating characteristics of the vehicle to support an efficient driving style. Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120831/carnews/120839976#ixzz2IBEZmPNe

4,935

which green light are you talking about? are you talking about the green light on the switch? for example if you press vents there is a green light and when you switch it to floor and vent there is another green light...if you press the winshield defroster it wil be orange...??

Best Answer Mark helpful

Car manufacturers have developed technology I would have never imagined, they are getting 'idiot proof' with things like this I found and will paste:In response to this they developed ECO Assist, which helps drivers optimise their driving efficiency. It uses the car's speedometer to advise drivers how their driving style is impacting fuel economy. If the car is being driven economically, the dashboard glows green. If the driver slightly exceeds the best level of throttle control, the dashboard will glow white/green. Finally, it will glow white during heavy acceleration and deceleration. A variation (different colours and/or different parts of the dashboard would light up) of this system was implemented on subsequent hybrid models (CR-Z and Jazz) as well as onto the current Civic. The system helps driver's improve their efficiency.....then it has technology that will keep the car in your lane, "Drive by wire", and some sort of device that if you hit somebody, a pedestrian I mean, it mitigates how badly they will be injured. It's unbelievable

60

Let me ask the question again, but in a different way. When the climate fan speed rotary switch is in the off position, the green light on the active vent selection button remains on. Is this normal?

4,935

yes this way you know which vent is selected. every car is different. back in the day you had to slide a lever to select the vent or push a button that would stay depressed.

50

I have the same question and another issue. the system is supposed to be OFF!! why are there still a light on?? and when the system is off with the green light on I feel air coming into the cabin. this can not be correct.

4,935

crv2014 owner. i believe the light stays on so you know which vent you have selected. as far as air coming into the cabin you probably have it so the air from the outside can come in. there should be a button that recirculates the air in the car that should stop any outside air from coming through the vents. if the picture i have attached works its the far left button. the picture of the car with the arrow going in a circle in it. if you have that button pushed it will stop any air from coming in from the outside.