2013 Nissan Rogue buring oil

50

Asked by Apr 05, 2018 at 08:19 AM about the 2013 Nissan Rogue

I have a 2013 Nissan Rogue which is also a piece of crap. Took mine to the
dealer after a different mechanic said my problems were covered under 5
years or 60,000 miles. I have 59,845 miles. The lady assured me my
problems weren't covered before they ever used any diagnostic equipment
on it. My car has been misfiring cyclinders 1-3 and burning oil in 1 and those
spark plugs which are expensive all need to be replaced. She called later to
say that my problem was the valve cover gasket is leaking oil and my O2
sensor needed to be replaced. Never mentioned the plugs. She none of it
was covered under warranty and would cost nearly $1400. The mechanic
that sent me to the dealer works for another large dealership in town and
said that isn't true.

4,910

It is possible that they are using the number of years instead of the number of miles to get out of it. From year 2013 to year 2018 it is 5 years, however, I believe that the five years will end on the anniversary of the purchase day. Check that and still you are 55 miles under the 60,000. Don't put any more miles on the vehicle before you are sure that the repair is not covered by factory warranty.

50

I purchased it brand new Feb. 2014.

84,505

Read your warranty booklet very carefully! Most vehicle manufacturers start the new car warranty running, on the date the vehicle hits 1000 miles if it remains unsold. If your Rogue had more than 1000 miles on it when you bought it, the vehicle was considered used and you got the remainder of the new car warranty. For example, if the vehicle hit the 1000 mile mark on December 22, 2012 your warranty expired at 12:01am December 23, 2017. To determine if this is possible, look for a sticker on or near the edge of the driver's side door. It will show you the month and year of manufacturer. 11/12, for example, is November of 2012. Since you didn't buy the vehicle until halfway through the next model year (2014) I'll bet that's what has happened. HTH. -Jim

50

It had 21 miles on it when I bought it. Someone had requested it then didn't buy it.

84,505

Contact Nissan directly then. Make sure they have the correct date that the vehicle was placed in service. Which in this case, is when you bought it. You should be covered until February of 2019 or 60,021 miles. Whichever comes first. The powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. I checked too. Good luck with this. Please keep us posted. HTH. - Jim

50

They are playing games with me. They told the man that is trying to help me that my car had been picked up then that my name was never in their system so I didn't have a ticket to review with him. I called and they said my car was there somewhere! I asked for a review of my ticket and the only thing added was a coil needed to be replaced. They never even checked the spark plugs and hadn't even addressed the misfire issue. When she called back, she said they were fine and didn't need to be replaced. I told her the one my mechanic friend showed me was burnt and the ceramic was cracked, so I know at least one needed to be replaced and that the iridiom spark plugs were suppose to last 100,000 miles. She said she would have them look again, but I never heard back from her on Friday, My car has been there since Tuesday.

4,910

Don't play along with them, go and ask to speak with the Service Manager, bring all your documents with you to show proof of purchase date. If you do not receive satisfaction, ask to see the General Manager. Get the business card/name of anyone that you speak with in case that you need to contact Nissan directly later. The owner's manual will have a list of the District Office for each area that you can contact. Hope to hear good news from you.

84,505

Exactly! Purchase date and mileage at delivery time will be critical! Sounds like they're trying to weasel out of doing warranty work because you're so close to the warranty expiration mileage. Keep on them! If necessary contact your local Office of Consumer Affairs. HTH. -Jim

50

Called and filed a compliant with Nissan after they nothing was covered by warranty and the manger treated me so BADLY! I had my mechanic get it drivable and he is doing an oil consumption test. I kept the two burnt and cracked spark plugs.

4,910

Do not forget to file a claim report with the local BBB also.

84,505

And Consumer Affairs! Social media is a very powerful tool as well! Word of mouth is their best AND worst advertisement! Put your experience out there on social media! Be truthful and professional. But definitely let others know what you've experienced! HTH. -Jim

4,910

Yes, yes, yes. I am glad Jim posted the above advise. Remember that the tongue (word of mouth) is a two edged sword.

50

The Nissan rep called me back and that was a waste a time. He said they go by what the dealership and the mechanic say. He didn't even check the facts regarding the warranty or if what is wrong with could be covered. He acted like I just wanted free spark plugs! He had less knowledge of mechancial issues than me. He said they have nothing to go by, but what the Nissan mechanic said. I told him then why have a compliant line bc it is useless bc then the people who treat the customers badly, lie about warranty info and needed repairs are always going to win and they know it, so there isn't anyone holding them to a higher standard of practice and customer satisfaction. He said he would ask someone internally after I told him he was making my blood pressure go up then proceeded to say I wanted Nissan to pay for plugs, sensor, coils, and valve cover. I told him the whole problem is the oil consumption issue causing problems and that the manager said I may have interal failure soon. Now, I have a foreign speaking man from Nissan that has left a voicemail that I couldn't understand.

84,505

Sounds like it's time to contact your local Office of Consumer Affairs. See what they have to say! HTH. -Jim

50

I'm not hopeful that will help, but I will try. It's running fine now - it's just not fixed (oil problem), but I would hate for someone to buy it after I trade it in and get stuck with it.

84,505

Consumer Affairs takes things like this very seriously! If they're trying to break the law in any way, they'll see that you get satisfaction through a warranty claim. My Mother took out an insurance policy on her home's sewer line. Several months later she had a problem with the sewer line and the insurance company refused to pay. They claimed it was a preexisting condition that she knew about. It cost her $5000 to have the sewer line replaced. She contacted Consumer Affairs and got every penny back! So if the dealer is just trying to weasel out of doing warranty work, which I believe they are, Consumer Affairs will straighten them out in a hurry!! HTH. -Jim

20

Hello! I'm looking for people who have less than a 100k miles who are having issues with their CVT. Are you willing to chat?