bronco 2 electrical issues

40

Asked by May 05, 2014 at 08:44 PM about the 1984 Ford Bronco II

Had my cab fill with smoke last night. It was also coming out vents at top of hood on
passenger side outside. Stopped could not locate burnt anything took blower motor
out clean nothing burnt. Pulled dash appart coudnt find anything burnt. Truck ran
and drove fine started fine. Today tried to start it wouldnt even turn over no lights no
power to anything. Walked away truck startec to repeatedly turn over by itself no key
in ignition had to disconect battery. Hooked battery up later noticed I had a check
seat belt light I never had work before truck started right up shut off turn key again
all lights dim wont start again but I can hear a klicking in passenger fender area even
without key in ignition. And no check seat belt light. Try again starts up drove around
every bump I hit light flicker on and of and truck starts missfiring and boging. Get
home turn key of walk away starts turning over repeatedly again unhook battery. Im
lost here guys any ideas thanks

98,385

Sounds like the normal Ford ignition switch problem, it is cheap and relatively easy to replace, might be money well spent just to replace it.

Best Answer Mark helpful
40

When I start the truck and rock it it sputers and dies and all the lights flicker is this a sighn of ignition switch problem

98,385

Could be, you could also do the go old wiggle test, start the engine and then go down each wiring harness carefully bending a section at a time, when you come to a spot that cases the stumble or stall then you will have to open up the harness to locate the damaged or corroded area, double check the main powers and ground pathways.