I want satellite in my Accord Sport

Asked by Jan 28, 2014 at 09:01 PM about the 2013 Honda Accord

Can I get satellite service in my Accord Sport 2013  that will function through my regular factory radio and function screen?   There is a Pandora icon, but no service.   Can I get satellite service installed professionally that will operate on that screen and not separately?

109,865

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2013/Accord- Sedan/features/HondaLink-Pandora-Interface/7

380

I have the 2014 LX. I recently purchased a portable XM radio to put in it. It was professionally installed by Best Buy. The radio was secured with nails in the bottom cubby. See attached photo.

145

VirginiaSlimm which portable xm radio is it? Does it use the car antenna? How does it wotk?

380

Riahattie, it is the SiriusXM Onyx Plus which is the one that displays the album art. Get the one with the vehicle kit. It was professionally installed at Best Buy ($79). I purchased a "hidden" cigarette lighter to install behind the one in the console. This allows it to power without using the main one. As for the antenna, it is wired behind the dash, and rests in the inner corner of the dashboard. I also use the auxiliary jack to connect. If you look at the picture you will see a black cord extending near the climate control buttons. Unfortunately, this is the best way they could connect it. The other option is to purchase the FM connector and play it through an empty channel. I think the ducky part about that is traveling out of the local area and constantly searching get for an empty station. With the auxiliary cord it sounds much clearer.

380

Sorry to mention the antenna comes with the radio when purchasing the available vehicle kit. If going good to Best But they will disassemble your dash to screw the radio in. I like it because it looks better than being on the dash. The only con is having to look down to see the artist/song which can be a distractuon and very dangerous. The info will not display on the car's screen.

145

That is awesome and I didn't want it to sit on the dash either. I have the 2013 honda accord sport. I've added leather and the only other thing I wanted was XM radio. Have you traveled to see if there are any reception issues?

145

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the labor and did you have to purchase hidden lighter separately?

380

The labor was $79 from Best Buy. If you purchase it from there, request the "advanced" installation not the basic. The lighter was about $15-20 extra. The radio is screwed in through it's base/mount. I've had XM radio in 3 other vehicles. Honestly I love it. The reception may temporarily go out if you go in a tunnel, in thick wooded areas, or parking garage. Other than that it is good reception.

145

Thank you...I got it installed today! Love it☺

380

Cool. I'm glad I was able to help you. I went to many forums searching for ideas of where to put the radio but ended up with nothing. That was my sole purpose of posting so that I could help others. If you don't mind may I see how yours turned out?

145

I ended up going with the FM options but I'm thinking about switching, in case I go out of town.

380

It looks nice!

380

Yes and the auxiliary makes it sound clearer. You wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't a factory install

380

One last thing. Check the XM radio's setting to see if you can increase the volume on it. That way when you control it by your volume button it isn't all the way on 25 for you to be able to hear it. It should sound loud at about levels 8-10.

145

Thank you☺

20

Hello, for this 2013 Accord sport, did Best Buy install the antenna that came with XM radio or, no need to install the antenna because the factory radio had it alreay? Where did they install this antenna and how to hid the wire? Please advise. Thank you very much.

380

The antenna came with the radio. It was installed in the upper left corner of the dash near the defroster. I did the advance package ($79) through Best Buy and the hid the wire behind the console and dash. I have the sedan and my picture is posted above.

20

Thank you. Seems like your antenna is inside, underside of the windshield and it works fine? I checked the instruction from Sirius web and it says the antenna has to be outside, on top of roof?

380

Yea it is inside. It has to be in view of the sky.

20

Thank you so much.

145

Mine is outside of my car. Its not noticeable. It is mounted on the corner of roof with the black between windshield and door. I'll take a pic and upload.