best car in the world......

35

Asked by May 09, 2008 at 02:50 PM about the 2008 Bugatti Veyron

35

it should be officialy selling in car market and not like a ferrari f-1 car...

35

ithink its bugatti veyron...

7,515

Any first gen F-body.

445

All considerations drivebility, comfort, reliability, accessability, performance and bang for your buck. My vote is for the Chevrolet corvette Z06 it does all of these very well you can drive it everyday without feeling fatigued and take it to the track on the weekends. It also beats out cars over double it its price tag and its get good gas mileage too. you can't do all this witha ferarri, lambo, or a GT40. The Porsche 911 GT would be a close second

35

wht about a bently arnage....

55

Best car in the world is any car that has been built to exceed its original intention on all levels. Bring in the top tuner cars and pit them against some of the worlds best manufacturer lead sleds and see how they do. If a bunch of engineers and corporate monkeys can build 'em, give it to an enthusiast and he'll make it better.

45

GM X-body cars.... with the F41 racing suspension

5

coming NISAN GT-R V-SPEC

paul i totally agree with everything you just said but Chevy just came out with the new Corvette ZR1 and that will take the cake for best car in the world

445

Yes Dave that is true and I would have to agree I thought about that after I hit the post button

35

SLR mclaren 08. only a truly incredible company such as mercedes could make a convertible with an automatic transmission go 208 mph.

185

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16

205

Trying to what the best car in the world is is like trying to answer how long is a piece of string. Porsche recently launched the 9ff ...it creams the Veyron with its 4.0 Flat 6 twin turbo motor by a whole 4 seconds from stand still to 200mph. its it the best daily driver ???? hardly. is it the pretties ....hardly. Is the Veyron Practical ??? hardly.

2,975

thats the only car i hate more then veyron. sooo ugly!

35

see best car in the world doesnt mean tht it would be bugatti veyron only.. it can have many categories.. where a category with money is not a problem..bugatti veyron stands tall!! with a money limitation.. i guess porsche 911 carrera gt stands tall!! and by tht way u can have many cars who'll win in there own categories..

985

sorry theres just one thing that i always gotta correct when i see... the GT40 your talking about is probabally the Ford GT sold in 2005 and 2006. This car was not a GT40... The GT40 was a racecar from the late 60s that took ford to victory at lemans 3 years in a row... the GT40 was called the GT40 because it was 40inches tall... The recent Ford GT was very similar in shape but was roughly 11% bigger in all exterrior dimentions... cheers!

985

you really love european cars dont you haha... for the record... Im gonna say ZR1 for me... 22cf of trunk space 0-60 in 3.3 200mph simple to repair (i can change my own oil) awesome track car and easy to drive in traffic if needed...

35

it doesnt matter if it's a european or a american or a japanese car.. it should be worth it.. and yeaah see..you got ur own catgeory which suits u and there's ZR1 for u..

985

dont take it so personally man... im not ragin on you... relax a bit... i like the DBS but for the money i feel i can do better... i love the lambo gallardo series of cars but i just dont want them as much... i do however have a issue explaining away the new California...

3,235

One question for all ya'll. I agree that all of the cars you have been talking about are pretty nice, but how far could any of them pull 10 tons. I've seen trucks as fast as a 'vette for about the same price that can also do a good bit of pulling and off-roading. I'd say any good pickup truck is the best car.

135

I would agree. The best car/truck would have to be the one that is able to go anywhere in any road condition and under any weight condition. If you live in an area with mountains and snow, a Bugatti won't do shit in the winter. So when I pick a car/truck, I will get the one that works under the most conditions possible.

5

any rental car is the best car in the world, as you can beat on it like a redheaded step child, take it off road, bang into things and generaly drive like an ass, then you just return it. All these cars you mention above,if you had them in your garage and owned them you would baby them and treat hem nicely, where as a rental car ...vroooom.....smash...oh well good job i purchased the extra insurance!

985

i just wanted to mention that the 9ff isnt a prosche its from a german tuning house...

985

1 the question is what is the best 'car' in the world... and ive never seen a truck keep pace with a vette??? i suppose in a post apocalyptic world a truck would be good but for off road im getting a land rover... but for the best car... i guess there is no answer to this... i want a ZR1 or a ford GT...

205

Saying the 9FF not being a porsche is like saying that the SLR is not a Mercedes.... Porsche chasiss, porsche engine..... that's porsche

2,040

Since this posting is so old, you may not get this response Cody. I appreciate the GM X body cars! In fact, the 1981 Citation X-11 was the 1st genuine performance FWD car produced in america. I had one and it was a TON of fun. I spent a LOT of my time smokin V-8 powered Camaros and Firebirds and they never understood "HOW" I was able to do it? The X-11 was used almost exclusively then as a test vehicle by the major publications for skid pad testing on tires. It pulled .81g but was only rated at 135 horses at 2.8 litre and carburated. What did make it outrun the V-8 Camaros and Firebirds was the HP to Weight ratio! The Camaro and Firebird was approximately 38 lb per HP and the X-11 was only approximately 24 lb per HP! From red light to red light or in short distances, the X-11 won every time! Yes, I street raced back then but I was young and didn't have the maturity I do now. Cody, thanks for bringing back some fond memories!

2,040

Jonathan, why is it that you ALWAYS bring a darned PICK-UP TRUCK into a discussion about cars? FYI, NO ONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT TRUCKS (on this forum) BUT YOU! OMG!...You are so annoying! Go to a TRUCK FORUM with your unwanted comments!

2,040

Alex, Jonathan is a NERD that's trying to convert everyone over to TRUCKS.

35

lol..ur right stoil..

205

I agree with Logan, I've seen one or 2 trucks that are cool but in general they blow.

7,515

LOL... Truck:"an automotive vehicle suitable for hauling " That says it all right there, they ride stiff and like shit, do horrid in any kind of weather, and suck down gas. Only reason to own one is if you use it to haul shit, which most truck owners don't.

55

Honda S2000! Affordable, fast, looks amazing, convertible and you can beat a honda to death and it just loves it and keeps on going. I tried to break my civic and i just couldn't. I raced it, crashed it, drifted it, rally raced, redlined basically every shift from 100k-150k miles and it still runs like new. Started right up today after 2 months neglect in the cold. If it was faster i'd vote a civic as the best car. lol

365

Top Gear agreed that the best car ever was the Subaru Forester, because it has all the bases covered. But everyone has different taste, so the best car, is completely subjective to your opinion

5

if were going on all categories e.g. handling cant be an american car only in recent years have they made a car that can go round corners properly and the zr1,great car btw, would look stupid in britain. however looks it would have to be a classic like the ford mustang boss, db9, or the e type jag. in my opinion the best all rounder has to be something like the audi rs4 or the jag xj.

5

it wa a subaru legacy btw

985

no its not... its not built in a in house tuning house ... its like saying a saleen is a mustang... its just not...

985

hees got a long row to hoe then doesnt he???? hahahahahahhaa

985

reliability is not everything in a car...

70

2008 BMW m3 e92 for a car around $75,000, but the porsche gt2 for a car around $200,000. Even though the new zr1 is fast, it is a hillbilly car.. American cars aren't classy at all..

105

Mazda RX7. Sure its impracrical and uncomfortable and guzzles gas, but it it got Mazda more LeMans and other racing wins than some can count. And it created all the rotorheads in the world. The car created a revolution. As far as I know thats the best car in the world.

35

ssc ultimate earo tt