Ford explorer

Asked by May 13, 2016 at 12:53 AM about the 1996 Ford Explorer

Right window won't roll up and this isn't the
first time

15

What year is the car?

15

Best bet = It's broken ground and/or power wire from the MASTER SWITCH on the front driver side door. Master Switch: The thing on the door with all the window control buttons on it when you’re driving. If the master switch connection is compromised, the window will not operate at all ... even the button at the actual window won't roll it up or down because of this issue. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Solutions... (1) Ask a garage to check your master switch connection to the window that won’t work. Wires run through this panel and could be torn from opening the doors after years and years. Breaking a power and/or ground wire to that right window could cause this issue. Won't be expensive to ask if you seem like you know what you’re talking about and understand how easy it can be to fix. See the photos in the answer to have a better understanding of you desire to have someone do it for you. (2) See Photo.... 1 : The door where the master switch is; the front driver seat. 2 : The cables that run from the master switch to the other windows and locks it controls. There will probably be a cable that is broken if you look or pull gently for. 3 : Reconnect that broken cable with THE CAR OFF and BATTERY DISCONNECTED. I mean you could probably be okay not doing it but do it anyways so I don't get sued ;) Use electrical tape or solder them together. Whatever you can manage. Both will do the job for a while. Photos thanks to realfixesrealfast on YouTube.

22,695

Needs some fixin' Sallie- you should sell it and buy a Mustang- you're missin' a bet there-