Question

5

Asked by Nov 06, 2007 at 08:52 PM about the 1985 GMC Suburban

I have a 1985 gmc 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban. The left side of the speedometer is dim. Does anyone out there know how to fix this. i was thinking maybe it needed to be replace. i took of the intrument panel but couldnt see any bulb. All the other guegaes are lit fine so i was thinking it isnt a fuse. thanks for any help in advance. I am beginner mechanic so ia m eager to repair this myslef.

7,125

If you take out the cluster again, check the printed curcit, there might be a tear in it, BUT be careful they are VERY delicate. but there is only two bulbs for the cluster, I believe, dont quote me on that I have not taken apart mt 86 cluter yet, I wont be change the dash until summer. Hope this helps

415

chances are that if you pull out the speedometer there is spots for the bulbs but behind it.It should pullout like a stereo.I have a 79 and do not know of much differences.