Infinity i30 alarm won't shut off with new battery

Asked by Oct 24, 2017 at 08:21 PM about the 1997 INFINITI I30

My battery died. When I put in the new battery and hook up the leads the alarm
goes off. I have pushed the buttons on the fob, tarted the car and even driven a
few feet. The alarm will not turn off, any help would be appreciated.

145,525

I get the idea that you don't have an owners manual, if you don't then get one, if you do, the shut down procedure is listed in there for the correct way to shut it down. Something you can try is: connect the battery, from the inside lock all the doors except the drivers door, now with keys in hand close and lock the drivers door with the key, that should stop the horn from honking, if it didn't then this procedure is not going to work and you will either have to get a manual or consult with your local dealer, if the horn did stop then wait at least 3 minutes, then using the key unlock the drivers door, get in and start the engine, and that should keep it off until you have another power failure or someone tries to break in. HTH

Hello My INFINITI I30 model 1999 When i try to open the car with the remote control The lights work well But when i use the controll to open the car The light won’t work Is that correct ? Thanks for your answer X