Why isn't the air blowing out the ac vents in my 1999 QX4

Asked by Feb 19, 2013 at 07:41 PM about the 1999 INFINITI QX4

I replaced the fan motor and the fan control amp.  The compressor is coming on and the fan is working
but no air comes out the vent.  The defroster blows perfectly.

either a vacuum servo or an electrical servo is sleepin' on the job. Will have to dig to find out how the Infiniti is constructed. Hope this has mechanical controls (interactive cable) rather then making you type with mittens to the serenade of beepbeepbeep---Infinity has got to be classier than that. Please do tell how is the interaction between human and ventilation system. Used to just be a damned cable which worked perfectly well...then the geniuses with more time and money than brains decide what shall be the service of the day.

at least my MINI has got TOGGLES and a twirly switch that operates CABLES..why would anyone need to improve on this situation remains to be seen.

Thanks. I'm just an old chick who can't afford to go to the dealer with this problem but am not a mechanic either. This is climate control if that helps.

Do you have to talk to the B9 control robot, or is it a whoosh of the cable as the heater door is opened?

Analog or digital? do you understand this question?

good I'm glad you have a heater control...do you have to pull any levers or is it the crazy beep beep beep troublesome interaction?

sheesh---don't know. sorry.

the actuator for the door is not opening. Due to the lever, or the door itself.

thank you...a fellow human...greetings. question is why? why all of a sudden? Infinity is not known for it's sub-par use of plastics like volvo is, so might be co-efficient of thermal expansion playin' hell on the moving parts?

wouldn't it be nice if each had a holographic 3D model in front of us?

so curtis 'lectrical servo, or air servo? which is typical for this application?

the control unit is a computer itself on some cars like this if the circut blows out the unit goes to defrost by defalt, call a inifinity dealership and see if they have problems often

Thank you guys. We kept getting power failures yesterday, don't know if it was the storm coming through or someone working in the area. It appears that I'm in way over my head with this. Don't know anything about electrical so I guess I will have to call the dealer as you suggested..