What would cause my Charging System Light to keep coming on if I have replaced my battery and my alternator tests out as still being good?

150

Asked by Jun 30, 2014 at 02:21 PM about the 2011 Chrysler Town & Country

Driving down the road two days ago my Charging System Light came on, when we pulled into a parking lot a few miles later and turned the van off the van would not start back up, all of the gadgets and radio still worked, however, the van would not try to turn over.  We jumped the van and the airbag light, the traction control light and the charging system light all came on as well as the ABS light started flashing at me.  I pulled the battery, checked it, then replaced it when it tested as bad.  Put the new battery in, drove 30 miles down the road to attempt to make it back home and the charging system light came back on.  Made it all the way home, turned the van off and let it set for a couple of hours.  When we tried to start the van back up, it turned over but all of the lights again came on.  What could be causing the problem for the charging system light to be coming on and all of the other lights as well?

65,675

Bad Alternator.

150

Thanks for your response, however, if the alternator has been tested passed the test, how could it still be bad? Not questioning your answer, just not sure how i could have gotten a false positive.

65,675

Is your engine light on,along with your battery light?

65,675

Alternator will charge until a bad voltage regulator,that is biult in to it,get,s hot then no charge,yes, parts stores, run it for short period and say it,s good,but not long enuuf to know that it is really bad.

150

Engine light is not on, just the battery light. When we turned the van off then re-started it, the ABS, traction control and air bag lights came on and the A/C would not cool anymore, however the engine light never came on.

150

Thanks again for your help, I will look at replacing the alternator and hope that does it.

1,315

Check for poor connection the lack of a/c is connected the heater controls needing possibly programed

1,315

Ground side, also the speedometer is the body control module for the van it runs EVERYTHING and could be your drama.

190

Did you find out what it was? My van is doing to exact same thing! Had the alternator tested and the battery is brand new.

100

I am having the same problem with my van the charging light keep coming on new battery and alternator it will run for awhile and dats it

60

I'm having the same problem changed alternator new battery post connector and still have battery light on

20

I also changed my alternator on my ford exploer yesterday and my battery light came on???

20

I have the same problem , why r these van such a problem, the diagnostic Reed's there something wrong with the generator in the battery light comes on and off periodically It my turn on for a day and then it may be off for a week

10

We are having the same issue and when we start it turn on the radio and ac and give it gas the entire dashboard shuts off. The battery and alternator have both been changed. The alternator was warranted so this is the second alternator and we are still having issues

10

The starter, seems crazy I know but thays what it was on my van

50

GOT A QUESTION NOT ANSWER...MY BATTERY LIGHT AND ABS LIGHT ON AND JUST CHECKED ALTERNATOR AND PASSED THE TEST..ITS A CHRYSLER SEBRING 2007...WHAT COULD IT BE