WHITE SMOKE FROM THE EXHAUST

90

Asked by Feb 08, 2016 at 03:14 AM about the 1998 Toyota Tazz

Hi after doing the motor over 3 times in a month theres still white smoke, ive change heads, seals and gaskets and v/seals etc

whats wrong with it still

did you change the block. is your vehicle a 6 cyl. some Toyotas have problems with the intake manifold cracks and 0n v6 blocks also.

105,475

Does it blow white smoke all the time or does it quit after a few minutes? Automatic or standard tranny?

90

hi there white smoke all the time, its so bad I cant see at the back

90

its a 4 cyl block

105,475

If it is an automatic tranny is the fluid level dropping in it? I'm thinking the modulator valve on the transmission is leaking. That much white smoke if it doesn't smell of coolant can only be trans fluid or someone put diesel in the fuel tank.

90

if I remove the head, then theres oil on top of the pistons heads, but I changed the rings as well

24,035

the white smoke means you are burning oil- so what is allowing oil into the combustion chamber? did you put the rings in right? etc. etc. on & on

90

yes sir three times lol

90

I don't know wat to do now

105,475

And you did measure the cylinder taper and make sure they were still round right? I hope you are not just putting in new rings with honing the cylinders.

90

GM I took it to the engineer who cut the block from 20 to 30 and now its on 40"

105,475

So your now .40 over, are you using forged or cast Pistons, have you measured the Pistons to make sure they are for a .40 over block? What kind of rings are you using? Chrome moly or plasma?

90

I think its the chrome one and should I take it to another engineer to double check,

Hi there, just make sure when you insert the rings that its the rite side up n make sure that you dont crack the rings with the H-tool. Thirdly - donot let the ring gaps be alined. Also what you can do is do a micro check on your rings, its sometimes factory faults aswell. There can also be a play in the cylinder between the piston and sleeve, it also sound like a avol pod. Mark.