WHITE SMOKE FROM THE EXHAUST

30

Asked by Feb 08, 2016 at 03:14 AM about the 1998 Toyota Tazz

Hi after doing the motor over 3 times in a month theres still white smoke, ive change heads, seals and gaskets and v/seals etc

whats wrong with it still

did you change the block. is your vehicle a 6 cyl. some Toyotas have problems with the intake manifold cracks and 0n v6 blocks also.

77,725

Does it blow white smoke all the time or does it quit after a few minutes? Automatic or standard tranny?

30

hi there white smoke all the time, its so bad I cant see at the back

30

its a 4 cyl block

77,725

If it is an automatic tranny is the fluid level dropping in it? I'm thinking the modulator valve on the transmission is leaking. That much white smoke if it doesn't smell of coolant can only be trans fluid or someone put diesel in the fuel tank.

30

if I remove the head, then theres oil on top of the pistons heads, but I changed the rings as well

19,615

the white smoke means you are burning oil- so what is allowing oil into the combustion chamber? did you put the rings in right? etc. etc. on & on

30

yes sir three times lol

30

I don't know wat to do now

77,725

And you did measure the cylinder taper and make sure they were still round right? I hope you are not just putting in new rings with honing the cylinders.

30

GM I took it to the engineer who cut the block from 20 to 30 and now its on 40"

77,725

So your now .40 over, are you using forged or cast Pistons, have you measured the Pistons to make sure they are for a .40 over block? What kind of rings are you using? Chrome moly or plasma?

30

I think its the chrome one and should I take it to another engineer to double check,