I have a fully charged battery... but all my vehicle does is make a clicking sound. Is this a problem with my battery or a starter/bendix problem?

Asked by Dec 21, 2014 at 02:22 AM about the 1998 Nissan Cedric

My car battery was just taken to be serviced and charged. The mechanical device used at the shop claims that my battery is: OK

So, now is my trouble a starter and/or bendix problem? Or could the device used to check my battery be in error, due to my battery being originally dead. In the past when starting this vehicle it would make a low battery noise!

usually a clicking sound means a dead battery. but you could also have a bad connection on the battery somewhere. check them. If the connections are good try jump starting. if it will jump and start, the battery is probably bad. the correct test for your battery is called a load test. it must be done when the batt is fully charged. if it shows 9 volts or less, the battery is bad.

Thank you, so very much for your response! It was very informative and helpful