2011 Elantra when not used over a long weekend, it wont start.

Asked by May 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM about the 2011 Hyundai Elantra

I have a 2011 Elantra that normally starts and runs fine.  Sometimes when not used over a long weekend, it wont start.  The starter turns over the engine but it just doesn't catch. It's like its missing either fuel or spark.  Sometimes stepping on the gas while cranking will fix it and the engine goes.   Taking it to dealer has not helped since we cannot recreate the problem.  Any ideas?

how do you get it ti start afterwards, worse case get it to repeat use hyaundai roadside to get it to dealer let them see it and fix it.

This last time, stepping on the gas while turning it over caused it to start. Just never heard of needing to step on gas pedal with fuel injection.

i work at a hyundai dealer and have seen this problem a few times in the last few weeks. more then likely its the ground or the fuel pump is not tight. the ground wire is under the rear seat where the fuel pump access panel is. or next time it doesnt start have it towed into the dealer and tell the you read on the internet that this vehicle has a ground issue lol. its how i found it. i cant lie! lol

I'm having this problem too. Mine will start, but sometimes it takes two tries (or you sit there grinding the start for a couple seconds until it catches).

I have this problem as well! I'm in Australia and all they know how to do is do a diagnostic check and if the diagnostic test shows nothing then there's no problem!

I am having a similar problem with my 2010 elantra. If it sits for 24 hours, the battery is dead and it will not start. Start immediately when jump started. Got new battery and have had it tested multiple places. They can find nothing that is killing my battery. HELP???

2011 elantra i start my car 15 minutes before i leave the job, last night i started my car and anfter 15 minutes i sat on the seat and pressed brake paddle , it was jamed , gas was also jamed , gear was not moving but car was started . all the engine signs were on like (service engine soon , oil , battery etc) i tried alot , turned off , turned on then engine also stoped starting then i hardly pressurise the key to start , my engine noise like ch ch ch ch ch ch then its started and everything released , gas , brake , all engine signs got disappeared gear started working well after 25 minutes my question is why is that for my car is new i take care about the oil , engine service and everything please if someone know why it happens please let me know

The same thing happened here today 2011 elantra will make starting noise but no catch we had snow last night and the AAA guy said if these are parked on a hill and it is cold it will do this said he say many in the last few days do this still gonna take it in !!!

also should say for immed above that battery was checked and ok AAA guy said use some dry gas in it but still concerned as this is a not so old car to be doing this

I was told by my dealer here in montreal that the remote starter on my 2009 elantra gl (which turns but does not catch) is a defect but because the problem started after warranty it`s not covered at the moment I`m getting quotes to have it removed completely and as Hyundai is telling me this is a defect I won`t be getting another hyundai....