1996 Ford Contour won't won't stay running

Asked by Mar 04, 2017 at 01:00 PM about the 1996 Ford Contour

Night it will just stay started for two to
three seconds maybe four to six
seconds and then quit

111,105

Fuel pump ot fuel regulator may be defective

Check out the engine wiring harness my 1996 V6 wiring harness is a disaster. The only solution is to replace or repair the entire wiring harness. I have been rewiring the entire engine compartment it is not a job for a novice. If you want some advice the Ford Contour V6 was a Lemon new. Ford denies there was or is a manufacturer defect but I assure you that there was. The good news is they can be repaired or replaced. The bad news is Ford doesn't sell the harness any more. $650.00 was the best price for the new harness and I have not found one anywhere in the USA. So I repaired the individual wires in every harness under the entire engine compartment. So far I have about 6 hours labor, 15 months of procrastination and an investment of about $150.00 in shrink wrap tubing and $1,000,000.00 in frustration. I will fix the problem because my car only has 165,000 miles on it and I refuse to crush the car.