TEMPERATURE INCREASE

Asked by Feb 13, 2015 at 08:24 AM about the 2000 Nissan Elgrand

Hi Friends,i have Nissan ElGrand e50 3.0 turbo diesel intercooler,Neo Engine,suddenly
the temperature stars increasing when  i turn AC on,most of the radiator water are
gone,but when i turn AC off,the temperature keeps fine..can you please help me,what
should be the problem?Thanks |Richard

56,715

Sounds like you're low on coolant. When cold the radiator should be full to the very top and the plastic recovery tank about half full. HTH. -Jim

Of course you probably know to put coolant in. B.s aside, my car just doing the same thing. Let me guess, it stops overheating when you turn the a.c off? Well if youre not leaking badly then the first place to start is by changing the thermostat. They should be replaced every couple years or they sometimes stick. Make sure your radiator fans are coming on and if none of that helps check your water pump. They usually start leaking from the weaphole when they're going bad. Good luck, I'm about to change my thermostat now.