Does the 96 bronco have power steering

Asked by Jun 01, 2014 at 10:22 PM about the 1996 Ford Bronco

94,765

Most likely, unless it is the stripped down version with the 300 CID 6 cylinder engine, 4 speed manual transmission, vinyl seats, rubber floor mat, and the only power window is the back glass.

16,665

I haven't had a car without power steering in so long I figured there was no such a thing , interesting to know that a 1996 could be bought that way.

94,765

I had one that the customer couldn't pay the repair bill on even though I cut it to just my cost, so he gave me the title said he was tired of it, after driving it around for a while I found out why, even thought the mileage was great for a 4X4 with the 6 and the 4 speed forget about freeway speeds, 55 was about it without over winding the engine, and manual steering was horrible in 4X4 it wanted to go anywhere but where it was suppose to go, I found a power steering system at a wrecking yard and put it on it and that really helped the handling then sold it. Told the guy who bought it the drawbacks but he didn't care, said he had one back in the late 80's with a 6 and wanted another, said it was the best 4X4 for ridge running he ever had. Whatever ridge running is. Could have been a term he used for what we call off road.

16,665

When I read this question it was relavent to me. My power steering pump failed yesterday. Talk about feeling the road. Drive home kept me away from winding my way home the back way (too many 90 degree turns. Took the straightest way available. Will order pump Monday and hope I don't have to wait too long. Told my wife to get in and drive it around- help with the flabby arms. - frying pan came at my head.

94,765

Hope it wasn't cast iron, those really hurt.

16,665

My buddy called his wife a Ridge Runner; had something to do with running through the mountains of Kentucky. (that's where she's from)

94,765

now that you mention Kentucky, I think there is a 4X4 club out there that is called the Kentucky Ridge Runners. I wonder if that name got started back in the days of moonshine running out there.

16,665

PRETTY SURE THAT'S WHAT STARTED IT.