Does 96 Bronco use OBDII ECM?

Asked by Feb 09, 2007 at 02:56 AM about the 1996 Ford Bronco

Does 96 Bronco use OBDII ECM? Most performance tuning info is for OBDII equiped vehicles, so I may want to bring my '94 Bronco up to this level for easier EFI performance upgrades. Does this make sence?

14,840

Dear 1bronco94-- All cars sold after January 1, 1996 were required to be OBD II equipped. This generally means that all 1996 models are compliant, even if built in late 1995. There is a tag affixed on the underside of the hood which indicates OBD II compliance, but the best way to see if you have it is to find the connector under the dash. That connector is by law to be no more than three feet from the driver. For a good look at the law and the connection, try the following site-- http://www.obdii.com/connector.html. I hope you find what you need. Good luck from Bovan.

obd2c be easily recognised by the diagnostic connecter;obd2 has a 14 pin connector in a trapazoid configuration. however, converting the earlier eec3 or eec4 system is not recomended although not as sophisticated, the earliar systems are quite good and not terribly difficult to diagnose.ps. obd2 connectors are always located inside the vehicle,earlier system diag. connectors are located in the engine bay dont convert, just fix what ya got. lots less trouble earlier system is underrated. they work quite well

all 96 Fords use OBDII